National Breastfeeding Month may be over, but BCB is here all year long to support you for breastfeeding success! We’ve worked with our friends at Munchkin LATCH to compile a list of resources both online and around the country.
ONLINE RESOURCES: Check out the Munchkin LATCH resource page here, as well as these great options.
- 3am Feeding Club: Every night at 3am Bump Club posts a question on Facebook to our feeding moms! Check it out and connect with other new moms through this Facebook discussion.
- American Association of Pediatrics
- Babycenter.com Resource Guide
- Mommybites.com: Free web-based seminars, including one often offered on breastfeeding.
- Pumpstation.com: Their website is full of info and great products. Known for their curriculum, you can now get it online powered by Google Helpouts!
FIND A GOOD IBCLC! Here are some of our local favorites across the country:
- Austin, TX: Cathy Clark, a Baby’s Best Start
- Chicago, IL: The Lactation Partners (they also run drop in clinics around the city!)
- Los Angeles: The Pump Station-with three locations to choose from, a full staff and classes, if you live in LA this is THE ultimate breastfeeding (and parenting!) resource for you!
- Minneapolis-St.Paul: Lisa Erbes with Welcome Baby Care
- San Francisco, CA: Jennifer Suffins, A Care in the Curve
This special series for working moms was made possible by LATCH by Munchkin, which eases the transition from breast to bottle and back. Breast is best, but working moms also will need a bottle so that their caregiver can feed their baby while they are gone. LATCH’s accordion nipple stretches like the breast to help baby latch correctly.