Here are five ways to take the stress out of lunch time from Happy Family
Lunch time can leave even the biggest foodie mom stressed out. This fall, love your lunch time again with these five, fast lunch hacks from Happy Family! Whether packing lunches for your school age kids or making lunch at home for your little ones, these hacks are sure to please even the smallest critics at your table!
- Box It Up! We love bento box lunches—especially for picky eaters! Grab a sectioned container and fill it with all of your child’s favorite ingredients—fruit, veggies, healthy grains, hummus or whatever they love! Then, add one fun new food (perhaps they want to try a purple carrot or black olives?) to help expand their eating horizons. Toss in a multigrain tortilla and let your little chefs make their own wraps from the ingredients in their bento box.
- Get Super Smart with Sides. Entice your picky eater with some creative sides. Try a rainbow of fruits and veggies: homemade hummus with red and yellow pepper strip dippers, colorful mixed fruit kabobs or grain salad with mixed veggies. For a quick snack, try one of Happy Family’s new Super Smart pouches, perfect for toddlers with 20mg of DHA and 100mg of choline for brain development and eye health.
- Rethink Crunch. Skip the potato chips and pretzels and pack a punch of healthy crunch! Swap crunchy carrot sticks for pretzels, try your hand at homemade kale chips or toss a handful of banana chips on the side. Also try our puffed ancient grain Dino snack in kale, spinach and cheddar or tomato, basil, and cheddar. These delightful dino-shaped snacks are packed with enlightened ingredients. Toss a handful on your salad as an alternative to croutons!
- Get Bowled Over. Making fun, nutritious combinations in a bowl can be pleasing to you and your little ones. One of our favorite recipes: Quinoa with Chicken and Mixed Vegetables. You can swap out any ingredients—using what you have in your pantry and what works for your family’s food preferences. Your toddler can help pour and mix. The best part: this recipe is freezer friendly, so you can prep your bowl in advance and have it ready in a moment’s notice!
- End on a sweet note! We love using our products in fun ways—try out our Happy Pop popsicle recipes packed with super food nutrition and just the perfect hint of sweetness from organic fruits and vegetables. Or toss in a handful of our all-new Super Smart multi-grain alphabet snacks in vanilla oat or cinnamon sweet potato. Not only are the alphabet snacks delicious, they are packed with over 160-ml of Omega 3, an important nutrient for growing toddlers.
Looking for more creative lunch box ideas? Treat yourself to a copy of the brand-new Happy Family Organic Superfoods Cookbook for Baby & Toddler created for busy moms like you to give your family a happy, healthy start!
Trish Adkins is the Happy Family Happy Mama for Philadelphia and South Jersey. She is also the mother of three, a writer and a childhood cancer advocate. Trish (infrequently) blogs at Yoke (www.triciaadkins.com)