Lindsay Frost is the Director of Sponsorships for Bump Club and Beyond. She recently welcomed her third son right before the New Year and is amazed with how much has changed since her first born over five years ago! She lives in the suburbs of Chicago with her husband and three boys. Here are her must haves for baby #3.
(click to enlarge)
1) Loyal Hana – I discovered this brand of maternity clothes in my last trimester – not only stylish and trendy (think appropriate for work meeting and dinner out with girlfriends) but a score for postpartum nursing moms. Everything has two hidden zippers for easy access to feeding your little one or pumping!
2) Ashland Health – Numerous times last year I said, “I wish Ashland Health was around during my first pregnancy!” Ashland Health essentially is the middle man between you, your insurance company and the breast pump manufactures. I filled out a simple form online that took all of two minutes, had one follow up email from Ashland Health and then BAM! Like magic, a few days later a brand new insurance covered breast pump was delivered to my front door.
3) Babyganics Foaming Hand Sanitizer – I have two other preschoolers living in my house this time. Did I mention it is flu season? I have the travel size in my kitchen, in my car, in my diaper bag and in my mudroom for when the boys walk in from outside. NECESSITY!
4) Twelve Little Diaper Bag – Backpack style diaper bags are genius. Pure genius. It’s so simple, you need both hands and you can’t waste a hand holding a diaper bag! They look great and are functional.
5) Contours Love 3 In 1 Carrier – I’ll refer back to #4. I need both hands. Walking the dog, making peanut butter sandwiches, folding a million little boy socks…I wear this baby all the time. This carrier can be used from newborn stage up until he is 30 lbs facing forward too. It’s super comfortable and score – it’s just under $100!
6) Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Cami – this is a staple in my wardrobe right now. This cami is incredibly comfortable (enough to sleep in it!) and you can wear it under anything. I have a few in white and a few in black and find this to be the single best maternity and postpartum clothing item!
7) Motorola 2 Dual Mode Video Monitor – I am not going to lie, my video monitor I purchased 6 years ago seems like an ancient artifact. It’s amazing to me the new technology on video monitors now – this Motorola Video monitor allows me to scan the room, check the temperature, and flip easily back and forth between my newborn and my 2 year old. Best new feature for me? The smart phone compatibility which allows me to sneak-a-peak if I am out for dinner!
8) FridaBaby NoseFrida – Okay, I know I am late to the game on this one. I never had it for my first two but after more and more moms suggested this as the easiest way to clear out an infant’s nose, I decided to give it a go. The moms were all right, this is a LIFE SAVER.
9) Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link: This air purifier also acts as a fan or heater. It purifies 99.97% of allergens and pollutants in your home. Here is crazy fact: the air indoors is up to FIVE times more polluted than the air outside? If you want to feel good about bringing your baby home to a clean house, this is a must have item.
10) Itzbeen Pocket Nanny – this is a super simple gadget that I have used for all three babies and I could not live without it. It is a timer device that essentially keeps track of the last time you fed, changed a diaper and how long your baby has been awake or asleep. When you wake up at 3:14am in the morning and you cannot remember when you last fed your baby, this simple handheld device solves that problem for you instantly.