For today’s Mealtime Monday we’re sharing three salads we can’t wait to make this summer…and we’re sure you’ll be running to the grocery store for the ingredients too! Check them out below and if you love these recipes as much as we do, make sure to share this post!
AVOCADO STRAWBERRY CAPRESE SALAD
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved mini mozzarella balls
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup pecans, toasted
- ⅓ cup loosely packed basil, torn
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Photo and recipe from Loveandlemons.com.
ARUGULA AND WATERMELON SALAD
- 5 ounces arugula (about 5 cups, packed)
- 2 cups cubed (about 1″) pieces of seedless watermelon (from ½ of a mini watermelon, or about ¼ of a medium watermelon)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup halved Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Hefty pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Photo and recipe from Cookieandkate.com.
GLOWING SUMMER DETOX SALAD
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 4 hearts Romaine lettuce
- 1 lb. jumbo tail on shrimp (use more for a higher shrimp-to-veg ratio)
- olive oil and salt
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped yellow bell pepper
- cilantro avocado dressing
Photo and recipe from PinchofYum.com.
Check back next Monday as we get ready for 4th of July for you and your family!