Summer travel season is upon us! As many of you gear up for adventures near and far, we want you to know that we have you covered with everything you need to get there, enjoy yourself and come home safely. We’ll be sharing tons of great products and advice over the next couple weeks. Here is our Favorite Travel Gear for Kids 1-5.
Favorite Travel Gear for Kids 1-5 years old:
- Cosco Scenara Convertible Car Seat, $45.98: Almost every CPST who we know will tell you not to check your car seat under the plane. You never know if it gets thrown, bumped, dropped, etc. Here is where the Cosco Scenara comes in. It is a full-on convertible car seat, but with no bells and whistles. If it cracks or gets dropped, better this, your TRAVEL car seat, than your $200+ seat that you use every day. If you travel a lot, it is a worthwhile investment.
- Lifefactory Glass Water Bottle, $22: Bring an empty water bottle with you to the airport and fill it when you go through. You’ll save a ton of money, teach your kids about saving the Earth, and you can use the bottle throughout your entire trip.
- Skip Hop Zoo Luggage, $29.99: Have your kids pack in their own suitcase…and if you take it on the plane with you, they can roll it too. We love these from Skip Hop! They’re fun, come in a ton of different animals (unicorns too!) and kids love them too.
- gb Pockit Stroller, $179.99: This is the BEST stroller for getting through the airport and from point A to point B. It is the smallest stroller you can find for travel, it fits in an overhead or in a backpack. It’s easy to use for travel and to get around when you reach your destination.
- Britax Car Seat Travel Wheels, $64: If you are taking your car seat this is a great way to get it onto the plane–plus your child can go along for the ride. Once you’re on, fold it up and store the wheels in the overhead until you land!
- Bubble Bum Booster, $29.99: Everyone with a booster aged child should have this product–if not for travel, than for carpools. This is a fully deflatable booster seat. It’s compact and easy to take with you no matter where your travels take you.
- Kids Fly Safe Harness, $74.95: This harness turns your airplane seat into a five-point harnessed seat for kids 22-44 lbs. Both the FAA and the AAP recommend your child be in a five-point harness on the airplane. If you’re not bringing your car seat, this is a great accessory that is easy to use and makes flying that much safer for your tot.
- The Shrunks Travel Bed, $79.99: This portable toddler bed is the perfect place for your little one to sleep while traveling.
- Full Throttle Child Hinged Rapid-Dry Flex-Back Life Jacket, $39.99: If you’re going to the beach, or to a pool and you are not sure if they have life jackets, air on the side of caution and bring your own. You can never be too prepared.
- MiFold Booster, $39.99: This is another grab-and-go booster seat that is perfect for travel.
- Babymel Backpack, $27.95: Just like your kids should have their own luggage, they should have their own carry on as well. We love these from Babymel–they’re cool and come in lots of fun patterns. Kids love them too!
- Crane Travel Humidifier, $29.99: For the same reason this item has been on all of our packing lists, it’s on here too! You never know when someone might come down with a cold, or your room is exceptionally dry. This humidifier packs all of the benefits of their full sized models into one you can take on the road. BCB’s Founder takes this every time her family travels!
Are you a BCB VIP? BCB VIPs get exclusive discounts, gift cards, offers and more from many of our favorite travel brands including CARES, Crane USA, Babyzen, Itzy Ritzy, Contours Baby, Babymel, Skip Hop, and TWELVElittle. Use the code TRAVELVIP to save $50 on enrollment to BCB VIP and start saving on all of these brands and HUNDREDS MORE. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
Make sure to check back for more travel tips and our favorite gear throughout the week. Happy travels!