Looking for a way to entertain your little ones when it gets super hot? Splash pads are the answer! We rounded up the top ten splash pads in the United States. These innovative water playgrounds are well worth the trip. Check out the complete list below.
- Gateway Fountain in Discovery Green (Houston, Texas):
Spending the day at Gateway Fountain is the perfect way to beat the Texas heat. Located in Discovery Green, this fun fountain attracts families from near and far.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Water Lab at Pier 6 (Brooklyn, New York):
While Brooklyn Bridge Park has many kid-friendly attractions, nothing beats the Water Lab at Pier 6. This New York hotspot, which opened in 2010, keeps children entertained for hours.
- Crown Fountain in Millennium Park (Chicago, Illinois):
Crown Fountain isn’t technically a splash pad but Chicago’s youth take it over every summer. Between the shallow reflecting pool and the two towers projecting video images, it’s the perfect place to take your little ones.
- Seattle Center International Fountain (Seattle, Washington):
Seattle’s International Fountain is not only a great place to relax with your children but it’s also a part of history. It was originally built for the 1962 World’s Fair and, since being renovated, uses only recycled water.
- The Dinosaur Place Splash Pad (Montville, Connecticut):
Travel back in time with this dinosaur themed splash pad. The waterfall at Dinosaur Place is something every child should experience.
- Elliott Park (Detroit, Michigan):
This fantastic splash pad, located in Detroit, Michigan is the perfect place to take your children on a hot summer day. Watching them play with the interactive features makes it all worth it.
- Piratesville Splash Pad (Hartsville, South Carolina):
Ahoy Matey! Nothing beats a pirate themed splash pad. Piratesville features everything from water slides and water jets to dumping wheels and buckets.
- Como Town Splash Zone (St. Paul, Minnesota):
What’s better than a splash pad? A splash pad in an amusement park, of course! Splash Zone is located inside Como Town Amusement Park so round up your little ones and make a day out of the exciting kid-friendly rides and splash pad.
- Skokie Water Playground (Skokie, Illinois):
The Skokie Water Playground is reason enough to travel to the suburbs of Chicago. With five slides, a play area and a sprayground, there’s truly something for everyone.
- Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain in Grand Park (Los Angeles, California):
Splash pad by day, lightshow by night, the Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain is a must-see for families in California. Conveniently located in Grand Park, it’s a Los Angeles staple.