BCB’s BCBumps topic in August is Newborn Sleep Strategies and Safety. We’ll be giving you tips, tricks and product recommendations all month long to help you help your baby sleep. (Which we hope in turn means more sleep for you too!) If you’re expecting and in Chicago, join us for our BCBumps Dinner, a MUST ATTEND event for all parents-to-be on August 8th! Click here for more info.
- Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress, $295: In theory, your baby will be spending a lot of time sleeping on their mattress—making this one of your most important purchases. This non-toxic, totally breathable mattress is also completely washable. When baby has an accident, you just unzip the cover and wash down the inside. This may just be one of our favorite products that has come out for baby in the last two years.
- Redi-Shades, starting at $27.50 for six: Having a hard time making baby’s room dark? Get some temp black out shades like these and put them on the window behind your treatments. Their cheap and totally temporary.
- Crane Ultrasonic Coolmist Humidifier, $49.99: The ultrasonic cool mist increases moisture in the air allowing for easier breathing and a good night’s sleep. This product is particularly helpful when you or your baby has a cold, flu or stuffy nose.
- Marpac Dohm Sound Machine, $49.99: Sleep experts all over often recommend a white noise machine to help get baby to fall and stay asleep. The Dohm creates the soothing sound of rushing air naturally, without digital loops or recordings. This is a favorite by many.
- Bebe Au Lait Muslin Swaddle Blankets, $32: Sleep experts will agree that swaddling your baby from the time they come home until they are busting out of the swaddle will help them sleep better. They like to be confined (think of how they were in your womb!) We love a muslin material, especially one that looks as adorable as these do.
- Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit, $39.95: Invented by a mother of four and pediatric physical therapist, this product is designed to transition your baby out of the swaddle. With a cult following (including tons of love from BCB’s Founder), many moms swear by this product.
- baby deedee Sleep Nest, $39.95: Once baby is out of a swaddle and any transitioning products, a wearable blanket will provide them with safe and cozy sleep. We love baby deedee as their products come in three different weights for varying climats and temperatures as well as tons of colors to choose from.
- Love to Dream Swaddle Up 50/50, $34.95: This product allows you to swaddle baby in a easy to use zip-up swaddle. The big plus is that it allows baby to sleep with their arms up, a natural position babies love. Once they start to transition, you can unzip off one of the arms, and then the other, which turns the Swaddle Up into a wearable blanket for safe sleep.
- Summer Infant By Your Side Sleeper, $39.99: One of the safest ways to co-sleep with your baby! Baby can sleep here, with you, and also be safe and protected. It’s mesh sides provide a clear view of your baby, plus it folds flat for travel.
- Project Nursery Monitor, $199: This baby monitors by Project Nursery really is as cool as it looks. It’s incredibly user friendly, has an encrypted connection and comes with both a Mini Monitor and full screen option for viewing your baby while they’re sleeping (or supposed to be sleeping…).
What does this logo mean? It means that if you’re a BCB VIP you get an exclusive discount on this product (and hundreds others! For more information, visit our BCB VIP page! BCB VIPs who join us in Chicago at the BCBumps Expectant Parents’ Dinner on August 8th and show their card (on the app on their phone, will take home a baby deedee Sleep Nest (value $38) of their own! Not a BCB VIP yet? Use the code SUMMERVIP to save 40% and start saving now on the products and services you’re already buying!