It seems like just yesterday I was announcing I was pregnant, and now I’m past the halfway point. How did that happen?!? I’m still feeling really great and I am so grateful for that! I know some women don’t have it this easy. I wouldn’t say I love being pregnant because I do miss certain things (like my waistline, sushi and prosecco), but overall it’s been a fun and exciting experience.
Here are a few of the highlights since I last checked in:
- Finding out …It’s a Girl!! We had my family over for brunch and Facetimed Brett’s family in. We ordered a donut cake from Firecakes filled that would be filled with either raspberry or blueberry frosting. I was so surprised to see the raspberry filling. I thought for sure we were having a boy! Even now, I keep having to remind myself to refer to the baby as a she now and not a he when I talk about her!
- Going shopping for baby clothes. As soon as we found out we were having a girl, my mom, sister and I went shopping to pick out outfits for our little baby. This was only my second time in a baby store since finding out we were expecting and my first time buying something for the baby. I was so nervous that something would happen early on that I didn’t want to jinx it by buying something.
- Feeling the baby move. The first time I felt the baby move was around 16 weeks and it was at the end of Bar Method during final stretch. It took me a minute to realize it was the baby and not just some weird pulse in my belly. Now I feel her all throughout the day, though luckily she’s not waking me in the middle of the night kicking (yet). My husband still can’t feel any movement though.
- Our 20 week ultrasound appointment. When we originally made the appointment my husband was planning to come with me, but he found out he had a client meeting the same day a week or so before the appointment. We couldn’t get another appointment that worked with our schedules and the doctor’s schedule so I asked my mom to come with me instead. At first I was pretty disappointed that Brett couldn’t be there, but it ended up being a really special afternoon with my mom.
- I’ve started nesting. I didn’t really believe that nesting was a thing before getting pregnant, but now I totally get it. I want to clean and organize every room and I also want to redecorate the whole house (my husband isn’t too thrilled about this one).
What I’m looking forward to:
- Our final trip just the two of us. We’ll be going to Long Island, NY for the baptism of our godson this month and we decided to add on a day and a half in NYC. It’s so weird to think that the next time we take a plane trip we’ll be traveling as a family of three!
- Decorating the nursery. I have so many ideas for the nursery, my Pinterest board is out of control. All of my ideas for nursery decorating were previously boy-related so it’s been fun changing directions and going more feminine.
- My growing bump. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m actually excited to start looking pregnant.