Gorgeous fall weather calls for a family day out and we found the perfect things to do. We rounded up the best fall festivals across America and this diverse bunch features something for everyone.
- National Apple Harvest Festival – Arendtsville, Pennsylvania, (October 7 – 8 and 14 – 15, 2017):
This beloved Pennsylvania gem has been around for over 50 years and features everything from great music and delicious food to a petting zoo.
- Cranberry Harvest Fest – Wareham, Massachusetts, (October 7 – 8, 2017):
Celebrate Columbus Day weekend at the Massachusetts’ Cranberry Harvest Fest. With plenty of activities for kids, this fest is the perfect place for a family outing.
- Hood River Valley Harvest Fest – Hood River, Oregon (October 13 – 15, 2017):
Celebrate harvest season with this fun-filled fest. With more than 125 vendors and a kid’s activity area, the Hood River Valley Harvest Fest is a must.
- Trailing of the Sheep Festival – Sun Valley, Ketchum and Hailey, Idaho, (October 4 – 8, 2017):
Come one, come all and watch as hundreds of sheep trail through the streets. This unique festival is a tribute to sheep farming practices and features exciting activities ranging from cooking demonstrations to a parade and sheepdog competitions.
- East Texas Yamboree – Gilmer, Texas, (October 18 – 22, 2017):
The 80th annual East Texas Yamboree is just around the corner and people are counting down the days until it begins. While it’s most widely known for the Queen’s Coronation Pageant, the festival also features a barn dance, a car show and live music, among other exciting events.
- Louisiana Pecan Festival – Colfax, Louisiana, (November 4 – 6, 2017):
Celebrate your love for the great state of Louisiana with this beloved festival. Visitors travel from near and far to enjoy the musical performances, carnival, fireworks and delicious food.
- Scarecrow Festival – St. Charles, Illinois, (October 6 – 8, 2017):
This Midwest festival is dedicated to all things scarecrow. Vote for your favorite hand-made scarecrow on display and check out the petting zoo and carnival.
- Nekoosa Giant Pumpkin Fest – Nekoosa, Wisconsin, (October 7 – 8, 2017):
Witness the biggest pumpkins of the season at this Wisconsin fest. The Nekoosa Giant Pumpkin Fest also features plenty of events for the whole family, including a carnival and craft show.
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta – Albuquerque, New Mexico, (October 7 – 15, 2017):
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the largest balloon event in the world and features a handful of balloon events and live music your family won’t want to miss.
- Sonoma County Harvest Fair – Sonoma, California (October 6 – 8, 2017):
While this festival isn’t kid-friendly, it’s the perfect place for a girl’s night out or date night. Indulge in all things food and wine, you deserve it.
For other ways to celebrate fall as a family, check out our roundup on family-friendly destinations.