Kid-Friendly Ways To Ring In The New Year
New Years Eve isn’t known for being kid-friendly but that doesn’t mean there aren’t great ways to ring in the new year with your little ones. Below are some great ways to celebrate the beginning of 2018 as a family.
- Cheers With A Delicious Mocktail: Celebrating New Years Eve as a family is the perfect time to test out that delicious mocktail recipe you’ve been eyeing.
- Have a Dance Party: No New Years Eve is complete without some crazy dancing and throwback tunes.
- Make Some Festive Arts & Crafts: Whether it’s creating your own party hats or making festive decorations from scratch, arts and crafts is the perfect way to celebrate with your little ones on New Years Eve.
- Watch A Kid-Friendly Countdown: Show your kids what all the fuss is about and ring in the new year with a beloved countdown.
- Share Your Resolutions: New Years Eve is the perfect time to reflect on the previous year and discuss your resolutions for 2018.
- Decorate The House: Break out the streamers and confetti because spending New Years Eve with your little one is cause enough for celebration.
- Have A Pizza Party: Nothing’s more delicious (or easier to get delivered on New Years Eve) than pizza.
- Bake Delicious Desserts As A Family: Indulge in your sweet tooth as a family and start the new year with a tasty treat.
- Attend A Local All-Ages Event: It may not be the jam-packed bar you used to go to every New Years Eve, but most towns offer local events for families that are just as fun.
- Create Your Own Photo Booth: Even if you just put your iPhone on a timer, these memories deserve to be captured and you may as well have fun with it.
Need more ideas? Check out our article on Snowy Day Activities for more fun family suggestions.