4th Trimester, Postpartum
Best Ways To Spend 'Me Time'
Being a mom is tough. Someone always needs something and there never seems to be quite enough hours in the day. That being said, we understand it’s hard to find time for yourself but it’s SO important. Whether you’re going for a manicure or taking a drive to your favorite scenic spot, the important thing is you’re consistently finding time for yourself and spending it doing something you love. Below are some simple ways to spend your ‘me time.’
- Sit Down With A Good Book: Getting lost in a book is a great way to forget about your own worries. Regardless of the genre, reading is the perfect way to spend ‘me time.’
- Indulge In Life’s Sweeter Things: Go to your favorite bakery and eat that sweet treat you’ve been craving. (Calories don’t count during ‘me time!’)
- Take A Bubble Bath: Bubble baths are the best. Not only are they relaxing but they give you time to work your mind with a crossword or read your favorite tabloid magazine.
- Treat Yourself: ‘Me time’ is the perfect excuse to splurge a little and purchase that pair of shoes you’ve been eying for months.
- Go For A Massage: Relax while someone else does the work for a change. You’ll leave feeling great and ready to take on another day.
- Burn Calories With A Great Workout: Elle Woods said it best, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.”
- Catch Up On Your Reality TV: Forget about your stressors for a while and watch your favorite celebrities tackle theirs. From The Real Housewives to Keeping Up With The Kardashians, there’s a show for everyone.
- Try Something New: You are capable of anything and ‘me time’ is the perfect excuse to try something new. Whether you begin learning a new language with books on tape or venture out to taste a new food, trying something new is a great way to continually focus on yourself.
And if these ways to spend ‘me time’ fail, just remember: You are never alone, because parenting is the hardest job out there for ALL OF US.