As moms we spend our days taking care of everyone and often let our own self care fall to the wayside. Skincare and beauty is often an after thought because frankly, who has time to spend researching, shopping and applying a million products? That’s why we fell in love with the mantra of Jenny Patinkin, a nationally renowned makeup artist, beauty expert entrepreneur and mama to three girls. Jenny is all about Lazy Perfection (she has an amazing book on the topic), the art of looking great without an insane amount of effort. When we chatted with her it came up that Target had really great skincare and beauty products, including many of the Korean beauty products that are super popular right now. And given that moms are at Target already stocking up on just about everything, it was a no brainer to head there for our beauty shopping. So behold 16 amazing beauty products that Jenny recommended to us in both the skincare and makeup departments. (editor’s note: I have been testing them all for weeks and they are really that great)
Now I know what you are thinking….great, now I have all of these products and I have no clue what to do with them. We’ve got you covered. Head back to the blog next week and Jenny will walk us through a skincare routine and a makeup routine on video that is simple enough for everyone using these products!
- Garnier SKINACTIVE Micellar Cleansing Water, $6.79: This micellar cleansing water is inexpensive and takes makeup off really easily with just a cotton round. The little invisible beads of oil in the purified water are like a magnet for the dirt and oil of makeup. Although many of us skip this step when we are exhausted, Jenny stressed the importance of removing your makeup and this makes it super simple.
- Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentre, $11.99: This French moisturizer is a makeup artist cult favorite, so much so that Jenny was surprised to see it at Target! It can be used as a primer before makeup, a moisturizer, on your hands and even to tame frizz along your hairline. It’s super light and hydrating.
- FIG+YARROW Eyebright Coffee Bean Eye Cream, $23.99: Moms pretty much live on coffee, so why not put some in our eye cream? In all seriousness, Jenny loves this product because coffee is high in antioxidants and helps depuff and create more circulation which helps with the dark under eyes. A little bit of this goes a long way (editor’s note: we are already seeing results!)
- S.W. Basics Original Cream, $19.99: This cream is thick, so it’s not for everyone, but Jenny loves this brand because it’s non-toxic, clean beauty and all of their products have less than 5 ingredients in them. This one has 3 – shea butter, organic coconut oil and organic olive oil and it’s perfect for really dry skin for both your body and face. It helps to keep the skin barrier bouncy. Plus it smells like oatmeal cookies!
- Sailor Sea Salt Refresh Spray, $14.99: Although Jenny is not a hair expert, we threw in this refresh spray because she’s well aware that moms also don’t have a ton of time to redo their hair. This is a texturizing spray that almost serves as a dry shampoo as well for a quick refresh. Just don’t use too much at once or the sea salt will make you look like you swam in the ocean.
- P:rem Wonderful Me In-Shower Face Pack, $24.99: As mentioned above, Target has a lot of great Korean beauty brands and P:rem is one of them. She loved this hydrating mask because it’s full of great stuff like Hyularonic Acid and Shea Butter plus it’s so easy to apply. Just put it on when you get in the shower, let it sit for 10-15 minutes while you take your shower and wash off at the end for super hydrated skin with minimal effort.
- P:rem Peel Me Overnight Mask, $29.99: This overnight mask is another favorite because all you do is apply and then go to sleep! This mask exfoliates while you catch your zzz’s and all you have to do is rinse it off in the morning. It looks very sticky but it’s not at all, after one use we forgot it was on. Use a few times a week.
- nügg Hydrating Lip Mask, $8.99: Winter equals dry everything, lips included. Jenny loves this lip mask because it’s another one you can just throw on overnight. She also uses it to seal up eye cream and as a quick hydration under lip gloss.
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise, $8.09: You don’t have to go to a department store to get serious lashes. Jenny calls this one her “one coat fluffer” because you really only need one coat for beautiful lashes.
- Honest Beauty Truly Kissable Lip Crayon, $17.99: We love Honest for our kids, so why not for our face. This amazing lip crayon is clean beauty and can be used on both your lips and cheeks.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, $7.89: Jenny loves her concealer and this one is a great easy one to apply. It works great under eyes and anywhere you need a concealer touch-up. (wait until you see how she uses it in the upcoming videos!)
- Weleda Skin Food Skin Cream, $9.89: Winter is also about dry hands and this is a great lotion to keep in your bag. Jenny found out about this one from a ton of her followers who raved. We at BCB have been big fans of Weleda products and this one is no exception.
- NYX Professional Makeup Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator, $5.19: Sometimes mama just wants to sparkle. Jenny loves the NYX brand of products because it’s perfect for experimenting with makeup when you don’t want to spend too much money. This soft pink adds a beautiful shimmer.
- e.l.f. Beauty Shield Vitamin C Face protecting Serum, $16.00: Serums are a great way to protect your face from all of the elements it encounters. You’ll want to put this one on before your moisturizer. Four of five drops of this clean serum is all you need to help protect and brighten your skin.
- Goddess Garden Facial Natural Sunscreen, $12.49: If there was one thing Jenny stressed with us multiple times is the need for sunscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY. It doesn’t matter if it’s summer or winter, your skin is being exposed. This is a safe and natural mineral sunscreen that has options for the whole family
- MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream, $22.00: You may have heard a bit about BB creams. They hail from the Korean beauty world and stand for Beauty Balm. This one has a limited shade range and fairly full coverage but she finds it so, so lovely.
We are SO excited that Jenny Patinkin will be joining us at this year’s BCBeauty Bash on March 7th at the Apogee Lounge at the Dana Hotel. Hear more amazing tips from Jenny, indulge in a night filled with pampering, eats + drinks, and go home with an AMAZING gift bag filled with the best beauty products around. Get your tickets here before it sells out.