By Lindsay Pinchuk, CEO + Founder, Bump Club and Beyond
When I look back on 2018 there were highs and there were lows. There were also all of the things that got me through it all every day. The things that got me through my crazy work life, my life as a mom, my life with two daughters, my life as a wife, as a friend and every other role in between. Check out my faves, I can guarantee you’ll love some of them too.
- CC Faux Fur Fingerless Mittens, $17.99: I am OBSESSED with these. So is everyone who sees them. Lots of people on my holiday list got these mittens, and I can PROMISE you that you are going to want them too. These will get me through winter, hands down.
- lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag, $38: I had been wearing a fanny pack to walk my dog, Cooper, since I got him in 2005. While I wore mine with pride, I could not have been more thrilled that these made a comeback this year. However now they have a new name: Belt Bag. This one is my fave— I wouldn’t have made it through concert season without it.
- luluDK Enamel Bracelet, $68 : I couldn’t love these more—ask any of my friends who turned 40 this year—many of them celebrated their milestone birthday with one of these bracelets from me.
- Meomi Pinot Noir , $19.99 As my work husband, Jamie Grayson, can attest this is the best bottle under $20. He would know as we have shared MANY a bottle (with BCB’s own Abbe Herman of course) throughout the 2018 Gearapalooza Tour. (Please note, in the summer we switch to Whispering Angel Rose.)
- Glossier Lip Gloss, $14 and Lidstar, 2 for $30: HANDS DOWN the best on the go, low maintenance makeup routine ever. This is the BEST clear lip gloss ever and the Lidstar is the easiest eye shadow I have ever used. Great for a day when you just need a pick me up. (PS Cub is my favorite.)
- Monogram Keychain, $18: I love anything with a monogram and this is my monogrammed item for 2018.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo, $19: A little goes a long way. This is the BEST dry shampoo I have ever used—and I have given many a test drive. Thanks to the gift bags from the BCBeauty Bash I got my hands on a stash of these and I am never letting go. This makes my blowouts last and last—even after working out—sometimes twice (shhhh don’t tell.)
- Sugar Hill by Hillary: I’m sorry if you’re not in Chicago, as this is local only. I discovered her no-junk granola bars this summer and was lucky enough to stumble upon her cookie cake one night at Ravinia (thank goodness she was sitting close by!) I’ve never looked back. Hands down, the best cookie cake there EVER HAS BEEN.
- Dear Girl, $13.49: The late Amy Krouse Rosenthal is hands down one of my favorite kids authors and this book—co-written written by her daughter is a MUST for every little girls’ book shelf. There is nothing better than hear my 5-year-old recite, “Dear Girl, Keep your hand held high, you have smart things to say.”
- Elmer’s Glue Slime: There are a million ways to do it, but this is the easiest. Trust me—my house is a slime lab, I would know.
- Charm-It: I try to get my girls a charm from everywhere I travel. This is the gift that keeps on giving and makes it super simple for me to bring something home for them—even if I already bought it and take it from my secret stash upon return. (Again, shhhh, no one needs to know.)
- Younger: This was the ONE show I actually binge watched this year. I started Schitt’s Creek and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel—and I swear I am going to finish both over the holidays. But Younger—I watched from beginning to end and am OBSESSED. Better jump on that bandwagon now—new season will be back in 2019!
- Sam Edelman Hazel Pumps, price vary: I feel like I am late to the party as I just discovered these this year (thanks to a few good friends)—but hands down these are the most comfortable pumps ever. I am on my feet constantly and can get through an entire event in these shoes. Better late than never.
- Contigo Autospout Water Bottle, $13: Love this for me. Love this for my kids. Love this for how easy it is to wash and put back together. Love this because the straw is teal blue and the dishwasher doesn’t eat it.
- Chore Sticks, $14.95: We have a new behavior system in our house where our kids earn tokens for positive behavior and then have to redeem them for things like TV time, treats, trips to the arcade and more. When they do a chore they can earn an extra token. It’s worked wonders. My five-year-old actually cleans her room…on her own.
- Apple Music, $9.99 per month: I couldn’t get by without it and it’s worth the minimal monthly payment. I can download anything I want at anytime—add songs to playlists and share. I love it and its seamless with my already large music library on iTunes.
- Brooks Glycerin Sneakers, price varies: 2018 was the year I got my a$$ in gear. From my favorite Shred415 classes to running my first 5K, this is the only shoe I will wear to run.
- Shred415: Guess what? My favorite workout is coming to a city near you in 2019. With so many more franchise studios set to open in the new year, keep your eyes open! I guarantee you’ll be a Shreadhead soon too 🙂