Your review has been submitted
Your review has been submitted
Summer is here & we tapped our amazing Austin BCB Market Leader, Robin Smith, to help put together an awesome Top Family Summer Bucket List of hot spots, hidden gems & fun things to do with your kiddos all summer around the city! Robin, 41, has 2 kiddos, Nova age 4, Halle age 2, and is pregnant with her 3rd, and these are some of their favorite places!
Don’t forget to also keep checking our BCB site for monthly free events here — playdates, workouts + more to help you meet and keep connecting with other expecting and new mamas!
Austin Summer Bucket List
1.Blue Hole Park in Georgetown: This scenic lagoon is such a gem; it’s rarely crowded, free and just 5 blocks from Georgetown’s adorable downtown square. It’s the perfect place to cool down this summer! https://parks.georgetown.org/blue-hole/
2. Driftwood Nights at Vista Brewing: Every Friday night this summer, this beautiful family and pet friendly Hill Country brewery hosts free live music from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Pack the kids’ pajamas for when they fall asleep on the drive home! https://vistabrewingtx.com
3. Black Fret Summer Sessions at Long Center: On July 19 and September 6, the Long Center is hosting a new concert series with free local music and food trucks. With four different acts each night, there is something for everyone! https://thelongcenter.org/events-and-tickets/black-fret-summer-sessions/
4. McKenna Children’s Museum in New Braunfels: The hands-on environment of this children’s museum is sure to beat any kids’ summer boredom blues! Make it a weekend getaway and hit up Animal World & Snake Farm before heading back to Austin! https://www.awsfzoo.com
5. Zilker Hillside Theater: An Austin tradition is back July 12 – August 17 at Zilker Park’s outdoor theater. The Little Mermaid musical is free; bring a picnic and blanket to enjoy a production under the stars! http://zilker.org
6. Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center: With miles of trails and gardens to explore, plan to spend a day at this state botanic garden. Attend on Saturday, July 27 for special exhibits and free admission in honor of their founder, Mrs. Johnson. https://www.wildflower.org/event/lady-bird-day
7. Sweet Eats Fruit Farm: One of my favorite family activities! Besides all of the farm fun (and world’s biggest jump pad!), you can pick your own strawberries, peaches and sunflowers. https://www.sweeteats.com
8. Round Rock Express game: It doesn’t get more summer than baseball and Round Rock Express has fun theme nights throughout this season. If you have a hot dog fan at home, get your tickets for July 17’s Hot Dog Palooza sampling event! https://www.milb.com/round-rock
9. Lake Travis Fireworks Display: On July 3, the state’s only lakeside beach and water park hosts one of the city’s largest fireworks shows. After a full day at the water park, enjoy a dinner buffet and spectacular views of the fireworks over the water. https://www.beachsidebillys.com
Robin moved to Austin almost 4 years ago and considers herself the “opposite of a homebody” and is out and about exploring the city everyday. What is her favorite part about living in Austin? “When we moved to Austin 3.5 years ago from Denver, one of our reasons was the city’s reputation for being a great place for families. That has definitely held true for us. Besides all of the kid friendly businesses, there is a festival almost every weekend, our favorite huge neighborhood farmer’s market, amazing hiking trails and parks, and awesome local restaurants that welcome children. We live 2 miles from a winery and when we wanted to join their wine club, we asked if we could bring our children with us. Not only are they welcome there, but the staff all know our kids names and have toys and special craft kits for them.”
We hope you enjoy this round-up of super fun activities and adventures to do with your kiddos in Austin this summer! Leave us a comment & let us know what else we should add to the list.
If you’re an expectant or new parent in the Austin area, please reach out to say & hi click here to see all of the events in your area! We’re bringing you the BEST baby gear, products, services + safety information across ALL of our local and nationwide events – Gearapalooza, webinars, playdates + more!