As you enter your third trimester, one of the things every mom-to-be needs to do is pack their hospital bag in preparation for going into labor! We recommend doing this early so you don’t feel rushed at the last minute! Over the years, we have heard from our community across the country and weighed in ourselves with our own labor and deliveries & we have put together some top picks for what to pack for the hospital during labor & delivery!
We want to give you a quick round-up of some of our faves so you can feel confident that you have everything you need when you head off to the hospital. So, don’t stress — you can check out our full checklist here, but below are some of our must-pack items that you may not think of during the frenzy of packing!
Also, if you’re in the Chicagoland area, be sure to join our next Expectant Parents Dinner on 10/22 at Foodlife: Secrets of the New Mom Sisterhood: What to expect during labor, delivery and the first weeks at home! Our BCB Resident Experts will discuss what to expect through labor and delivery! Get all your burning questions answered – all of them 🙂 Experts include an OBGYN, Doula, IBCLC, Therapist. Click to register!
- Scrunchies & Headband to keep your hair back during labor and delivery. This headband is our favorite for working out…so it must do the job in the delivery room too, right?
- Travel Bag Filled with Toiletries/Personal Effects: toothbrush, tooth paste, face lotion, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner. This is one of our favorite travel bags (it’s actually a set of three water resistant bags) that are PERFECT for keeping everything organized for the hospital…and once baby arrives!
- Bravado Nursing Tank Top, $55: These tanks are comfortable and easy to wear whether you choose to nurse or not. Most of our most LIVED in these in the weeks after coming home from the hospital.
- Sweatpants/Loose Fitting Pants: You just want to be comfortable. As comfortable as possible. TRUST US. These are one of our more recent favorite pairs…PLUS their adorable too.
- Zip Up Sweatshirt: A hoodie is easy to take off for frequent feedings.
- Slippers or No Skid Socks: The hospital is COLD and the floors are frigid.
- Flip Flops for the Shower: Trust us on this one.
- Outfit to bring baby home! We love layette by Angel Dear and Kickee Pants. Makes your photos that much more adorable.
- Swaddle Blanket: We can’t get enough of Malabar Baby and their adorable avocado swaddles! All of their swaddles and snug blankets are 100% GOTS certified organic cotton muslin and are among the softest on the market! We heard a rumor that even the Duchess (yes THAT Duchess) uses these blankets with Archie.
- Boppy Nursing Pillow, $39.99: You want to get as much practice as possible in the hospital where you have support. Bring along your nursing pillow so that you can make it as much like home as possible.
- Car Seat for baby! You can’t leave the hospital without it! Some of our favorites include Clek Liing, Nuna Pipa, Britax B-Safe, Cybex Aton M and Chicco Key Kit.
Click here to see our year-round BCB events! We’re always bringing you the BEST baby gear, products, services, networking + safety information across ALL of our local and nationwide events – Gearapaloozas, webinars, playdates + more! Follow us on Instagram and Facebook and sign up for our email list to make sure you’re first to know about our latest content, giveaways, events + more!