Whether it’s your first or fourth baby, you’re sure to have your hands full when you get home from the hospital. Here are some of our favorite products to ease the transition to motherhood…and get you on the road to recovery much faster.
If you’re in the Chicagoland area, be sure to join our next Expectant Parents Dinner on 10/22 at Foodlife: Secrets of the New Mom Sisterhood: What to expect during labor, delivery and the first weeks at home! Our BCB Resident Experts will discuss what to expect through labor and delivery! Get all your burning questions answered – all of them 🙂 Experts include an OBGYN, Doula, IBCLC, Therapist. Click to register!
- Tucks Medicated Cooling Pads, $16 for two packs of 100: Whether you pack them for the hospital or have them at home, these are a MUST! These are easy to pack and help deliver immediate relief from burning and itching caused by hemorrhoids after birth! You don’t realize until you are IN it how necessary these are!
- Motherlove Sitz Bath Spray, $17.99: This helps relieve pain after childbirth…down there.
- Nyssa Underwear, from $28: This product is going to help revolutionize care for mom during the fourth trimester. Soft and stretchy, yet they hold everything in place—they even have a place to keep an ice pack or heating pad in position during your recovery.
- Diapers…for baby: You want to have them in every size so that when its time to move baby to the next size you have it at home! We love these from Seventh Generation….(and psssst, if you’re at any of our upcoming events across the country you’ll go home with a sample!)
- NoseFrida, $18: Hands down this is the best nasal aspirator out there. Trust us.
- NippleCream: We’re loving this one from Made Of right now…which is made exclusively of organic plants and oils.
- Pacifiers: MAM is one of our favorites—and so many of our parents love them too. Mam works closely with pediatric dentists and orthodontists to develop and design pacifiers for babies of all ages. Pro tip – buy a lot to have on hand as they have a way of disappearing!
- Carrier for walks if you want to try something besides the stroller! Baby K’Tan is the perfect first wrap carrier! It’s easy to use with no wrapping, buckling or fussing with rings or snaps…a new parent can only take so much, right!? And bonus–you can quickly switch between carrying positions without having to remove it!
- BEB Organic Collection: Free of synthetic fragrances and dyes, these products are NICU safe (wahoo!), certified organic, non-GMO verified, allergy-tested, cruelty-free and vegan so you can feel good about using them on your most precious cargo, your new bundle of joy! We love some of their top products: BEB Organic Bubbly Wash – $14.00 (2 fl oz), $72 (19 fl oz) BEB Organic Healing Gel – $64.00 (2 fl oz) BEB Organic Silky Cream – $68.00 (4 fl oz) BEB Organic Nourishing Oil – $52.00(2 fl oz) BEB Organic Therabalm Ointment – $42.00 (2 fl oz)
Click here to see our year-round BCB events! We’re always bringing you the BEST baby gear, products, services, networking + safety information across ALL of our local and nationwide events – Gearapaloozas, webinars, playdates + more! Follow us on Instagram and Facebook and sign up for our email list to make sure you’re first to know about our latest content, giveaways, events + more!