Back to School 2020: Best Apps and Supplemental Learning
With e-learning and hybrid learning the norm in most schools across the country, BCB compiled some of our favorite supplemental learning programs for kids (and to help parents at home!) We know that parents don’t want kids behind the screen all day, so we have a mix of options—including a couple to get kids up and moving. Check out our top picks below AND watch the video above as BCB’s Founder + CEO, Lindsay Pinchuk, discussed all of these awesome options recently on Nashville’s Talk of the Town!
- bümo Virtual School(BVS), is a best-in-class virtual pre-school program created by two moms. It is an amazing option to help assist with e-learning. The virtual school provides live interaction with certified teachers in small group settings, giving children the feedback, instruction, and individualized attention needed to keep them engaged and learning. Designed for children ages 1 to 6, BVS provides 3 tracks of learning to fit every income bracket for families today and also offers a scholarship program. While in-person preschool classes tend to include children from similar backgrounds, BVS’ small class sizes with children across three continents provide the unique opportunity for BVS students to interact with one another from around the world with varying backgrounds.
- Vooks is the world’s first streaming platform bringing storybooks to life through animation. The award-winning Netflix-style library of kids’ read-along, animated storybooks is already a staple in many homes and schools across the country.
- Creative Change Connect: Monthly Activity Book Membership Access through June 2021! Creative Change Connect is thirty days of activities sent straight to your inbox once a month for kids ages 2-6+!
- Learn in Color: Created by a former homeschooler, Founder, Samantha says that the lessons I had homeschooling were completely invaluable, and she wants to give back to homeschoolers, educators, and other students.
- PBS Kids– Elementary Hero: Hero at Home Kit (Hero Elementary hands-on Science activity kit) is a great compliment to any classroom. Complete with videos, activities and more, this kit is awesome!
- Go Noodle: With gym class cancelled, Go Noodle can help keep your kids moving! GoNoodle® engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are!
- UNICEF Kid Power:The first free streaming for good platform. At UNICEF USA, we know kids have the power to make real-world impact every day. Our mission is to inspire KIDS to believe that too… and there’s no better way to believe it than to actually DO it! By playing our Kid Power Up videos, kids unlock critical support (therapeutic food packets, family meals, medical supplies and more) that we distribute to children in our global and local communities.
Make sure to ENTER TO WIN OUR GIANT BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY! FIVE WINNERS will take home a prize package worth over $1000! Whether you’re going BACK-TO-SCHOOL OR BACK-TO-ZOOM…we’ve got you covered! ENTER TO WIN!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more as BCB helps you navigate parenthood. Make sure you check out the BCB Community for exclusive discounts (on many of our favorite back-to-school products!), webinars, the chance to sample free products and so much more! Sign up here, IT’S FREE! Stay tuned to bumpclubandbeyond.com for more back-to-school tips for 2020.